How does the overall process of creating and building your home unfold over time?
The purple bar represents simpler projects and the yellow/orange bar more involved projects. The boxes below define in a little more depth what each phase entails while you can find a more specific definition of the phases in steps to purchase.
- Work with designer
- Development of construction drawings
- Engineering study and review.
- Contact your building department to understand the requirements your project must meet
- Prepare application and documentation needed for permit
- Submit plans and associated paperwork for approval
Smiling Woods Yurts
- Developing your order with our Sales department
- Production of your home package
- Shipment from our manufacturing facility to your home site
- Site work - Excavation, preparation for utilities, road work
- Rough-in utilities - Including bring power, water, sewage lines and communications to your home site
- Foundation / Floor - Building your foundation and floor system
- Set-up Smiling Woods Yurt - Unload the truck, unpack the kit, set up the walls and roof system, install exterior trim
- Finish Interior - Frame interior walls, electrical, heating/cooling system, plumbing, insulation, wall covering, finished floor, painting, cabinets and appliances