30.5’ in diameter – 730 sq. feet – with 9 windows and 1 door
With 730 sq. feet there is enough room as a starting point for a small family home. The main yurt body can easily accommodate a kitchen, living room, bathroom and a nice bedroom. By adding a loft or additional rooms to the outer walls there are many possibilities for even more creative designs.
This yurt can be set up in a little over a week once your floor has been built.
CLICK HERE FOR PRICING
This complete yurt package includes
24 wall panels in total, ready for set up on your completed floor:
- 4' wide, 8' tall - please see below for taller wall options
- Solid 2x6 Douglas Fir/Larch Select Structural construction
- ½” CDX Douglas Fir plywood sheathing
- Building wrap: High-vapor permeable rain-screen drain wrap
- Select Grade 1x6 T&G Cedar siding installed
- Exterior 1x4 Cedar trim package for the outer wall corners, around windows and door openings to complete the finish to the outside construction.
- 9 Window walls panels. Windows are fully installed according to manufacturer recommendation including flashing wrap and drain pan to prevent moisture damage. The standard package included:
- 2 - 42" x 36" Opening windows (single hung or slider)
- 4 - 42" x 42" Opening windows (single hung or slider)
- 3 - 42" x 36" Picture windows
- 1 Door wall panel. Your choice of a full-light, a half-light or a solid 6-panel wood door.
Each component is pre-cut and ready to assemble:
- Arced top plates
- Laminated central compression ring
- Rafters - Solid Douglas Fir Select Structural, with 1x3 clear Cedar interior trim installed
- Eaves - 1x6 Cedar
- Bird blocks - Douglas Fir Select Structural
- Metal Roof components:
- Central steel hub,
- Galvanized roof panels, 26 guage
- Weather skirting,
- Rib end seals and all the necessary fasteners
- 5' triple-pane acrylic skylight w/ crank style opener and removable insect screen
- Foundation/Floor construction manual
- Yurt Set Up manual
- All the necessary hardware to complete construction of the yurt
Prices are current as of October 21, 2016
Complete Package Roof Package Only
2x8 Rafters $29,860 $18,287
2x10 Rafters $30,597 $19,109
2x12 Rafters $31,584 $20,152
Wall Height 9' 10' 11' 12' 14'
Change $1,680 $3,360 $4,800 $6,240 $9,120
The yurt roof package
The Roof Package includes everything in the Complete kit minus the walls which you will build using the provided Wall Building manual and accompanying video as tutorials.
These packages were designed for those interested in putting a conical roof on an alternatively built round structure like cobb, straw bale etc. or for those with significant carpentry skills or who have willing friends with the skills to build the walls. Typically hiring someone local to build the walls for you will result in higher costs and an inferior product. The high quality of materials we use and the machining done in our shop ensures a very high quality product not achievable in the field.
All of our options are available for this model – wall height, window, door and skylight options as well as the possibility of either a 5’ or 6’ French door. The roof is galvanized though you may choose to have a painted roof or to use a non-metal roof of your choice. See all the options here.